In an age of plunder and greed, the richest gold strike in American History draws a throng of restless misfits to an outlaw settlement where everything - and everyone - has a price. Welcome to Deadwood...a hell of a place to make your fortune.
From Executive Producer David Milch ("NYPD Blue") comes DEADWOOD, a new drama series that focuses on the birth of an American frontier town and the ruthless power struggle that exists in its lawless boundaries.
The story begins two weeks after Custer's defeat at Little Bighorn, combining fictional and real-life characters and events in an epic morality tale. Located in the Black Hills Indian Cession, the "town" of Deadwood is an illegal settlement, a violent and uncivilized outpost that attracts a colorful array of characters looking to get rich - from outlaws and entrepreneurs to ex-soldiers and racketeers, Chinese laborers, prostitutes, city dudes and gunfighters.
- Timothy Olyphant as Seth Bullock
- Ian McShane as Al Swearengen
- Molly Parker as Alma Garret
- Brad Dourif as Doc Cochran
- W. Earl Brown as Dan Dority
- John Hawkes as Sol Star
- Paula Malcomson as Trixie
- Dayton Callie as Charlie Utter
- Leon Rippy as Tom Nuttall
- William Sanderson as E.B. Farnum
- Robin Weigert as Calamity Jane
- Sean Bridgers as Johnny Burns
- Bree Seanna Wall as Sofia Metz
- Jim Beaver as Whitney Ellsworth
- Jeffrey Jones as A.W. Merrick
- Kim Dickens as Joanie Stubbs
- Powers Boothe as Cy Tolliver